Instagram is the go-to place for over 300 million people to share their photos, videos, and stories every single day. And as Instagram has grown over recent years, that’s left many business owners and marketers with one very clear and important question:
How can we use Instagram for business?
Well today, we’d love to dive head first into that topic and share the first step:
- How to set up a killer Instagram profile
4 Tips to Enhance Your Instagram Profile
1) Write a killer bio
It takes just two-tenths of a second for someone to form an opinion on your brand online. This means it’s incredibly important to make a great first impression with the content of your Instagram profile and bio.
Your bio deserves a lot of love as it’s likely to be one of the first things people see when they click on your profile. It will also play a key role in the actions someone decides to take once they’ve landed on your profile, too. It could entice them to follow you, scroll through some more of your content or even click the link back to your website.
A great Instagram bio should:
- Explain a bit about you / your brand and what you do
- Appeal to your target audience
- Use your brand tone and voice to help you connect with your community
2) Include a link
The only place on Instagram where you can share a clickable link is your bio. This is super valuable real estate.
Here are a few of the strategies we’ve seen work:
- Most Instagram accounts tend to use this link to drive traffic back to their homepage.
- Others link their Instagram profile to campaign-specific landing pages or individual pieces of content.
- Many brands also update their link regularly to drive traffic to their latest pieces of content.
3) Create an Instagram Business profile
Instagram recently announced a host of Business tools to help companies better understand their followers and grow their businesses on Instagram.
When converting to a Business profile, you’ll be able to include additional information about your business on your profile. For example, you’ll be able to add a phone number, an email address and your business’s physical address.
4) Use a recognizable profile image
When it comes to choosing a profile picture, it’s important for people to instantly recognize it when they visit your Instagram profile. For most businesses, this means choosing one of the following options:
- Logo-mark (the logo, minus any words)
There’s definitely no right or wrong here and don’t feel you must limit yourself to one of these options, but think about what will help people who visit your page to recognize your brand the quickest.